Get in Shape: Spend some time each day running, exercising, and stretching your muscles to prepare for the physical activity expected of you during camp. Consider joining a local gym if you can access one or using an online exercise program to help you stay motivated and on track.
2. Purchase Necessary Gear: Check with the camp organizers to ensure you have all the necessary gear before attending camp.
Typically, this includes volleyball, shorts, t-shirts, court shoes, and kneepads (depending on the type of flooring). Make sure you bring any additional items requested by the organizers as well.
3. Practice Your Skills: Spend time practicing drills and improving your skills before attending camp. This will give you a better knowledge of the game and help you get acquainted with new techniques.
4. Stay Hydrated: Attendees should always have access to plenty of water while at camp to stay hydrated throughout the day. Carry a water bottle with you, or check with the camp organizers to see if they provide coolers during your time there.
5. Get Plenty of Rest: Make sure you get plenty of rest before attending volleyball summer camp so that you can remain energized throughout your time there. Getting adequate rest each night is paramount for maintaining peak performance on the court!
6. Set Goals: Before heading off to volleyball summer camp, take some time to reflect on your current skills and decide what goals you’d like to accomplish while at camp. Write down these goals and keep them close as a reminder of what you’re striving for.